- What is NASM?
National Academy of Sports Medicine is an international certification for body, issuing various fitness certification courses. NASM is renowned for the quality of trainers and the scientific rigor of their training program for 30 years.
- What is the basic qualification for doing NASM?
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to sitting for the exam (not required to purchase the CPT).
- You must have a passion for health and fitness and helping others live healthier lives!
- Should able to read and understand English course material and lectures.
- What if I don’t have language proficiency?
You can join our CFR classes to pre-qualify yourself for NASM.
- What is CFR?
CFR stands for Corrective Functional Resistance training it has been exclusively derived by our founder K. Hari Haran to provide skill based education to Fitness trainer community.
- Is the CFR certification is valid to start fitness profession?
CFR is a skill based course which will create a foundation for NASM courses, and it is good enough to start your fitness Career.
- Is CFR courses conducted in regional language?
Through our distributor network, we will be start taking CFR courses in three months time, please fill in our registration form we will get back to you soon.
- What is e-learning?
Students will be provide a physical course material and user name Login for E-learning, students need to gothrough every unit followed by watching a crisped e-lectures for every unit and they can test themselves by doing a online quiz, once it done for all 21 units they can take final practice exam that is similar to their examination procedure once they gain confidence in this process they can schedule their examination date in their own cites
- Venue of the tuition class and the timing?
NASM CPT is a self-study course with a E-learning plat form, so need to come directly for class room.
- How do I get practical experience for NASM CPT
There will be a direct contact program conducted in ever city for 3 days once we get minimum 20 registrations the students can participated the session with additional cost (10,000)
- What are the course fees?
NASM cpt 48000/- Inclusive of Course material, e-learning login and examination fee
- Will there be a break payment option is available?
There are three options for it one two go with Bank EMI by swiping your card in which Bank interest is applicable you can go upto 12 EMI, three break payment is possible for interest free EMI
- What is the duration of the course and how do we pay?
The course duration is 6 months. You can either do online transfer or pay by cash by visiting our academy.
- What is the registration process and how it is done?
Registration form will be issued on interest. You can fill it and send us through email or visit our academy. It is not mandatory to come in person.
- When will I get my user id & book materials?
As soon as you enroll yourself, you will get your credentials in 7 to 10 working days and books within 21 working days.
- How to write my exams?
Students have to register in PSI website to schedule examination date once its done you will be allotted examination in nearby center.
- Which cities you have your examination center
- What are the proofs to provide in examination center?
To enter the examination center you need any of your ID card (Passport, Driving license or Adhar card) and CPR&AED Current certificate.
17a. What CPR&AED providers does NASM accept?
NASM recommends the following organizations-American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety and Health Institute, St. John Ambulance, Emergency Care & Safety Institute or Emergency Medical Technician.
- What happens if I miss my PSI exam appointment?
If you cancel your exam less than 24-hours of your scheduled date and/or fail to show for your scheduled exam, you must contact Acfit academy to reschedule exam date minimum 48 hrs before exam to reactivate your eligibility. Else you will be charged 200$ for rescheduling exam.
- Will I receive my exam score?
NASM does not release exam scores. If you fail the CPT exam, PSI will provide you with a score report providing details of your test results.
- When will I receive my Certificate?
An official certificate will be mailed to you within 4 – 6 weeks after passing your CPT Exam. A web copy of your certificate will be made available within 3 business days of passing your CPT Exam. All web certificates can be printed under the Certificates option within your NASM Student Portal Certificates will be mailed from AAFP
- What is the validity period of the certificate?
The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- How do I renew my certification?
As an NASM-CPT, you are required to maintain your current CPR and AED certifications, as well as earn 2.0 CEUs (20 hours of Continuing Education Units). These CEUs will ensure you’re current with best-practice guidelines, plus they will expand your knowledge, skills and abilities in these key areas:
- Exercise Technique
- Program Design
- Client Relations and Administration
- Professional Practice and Responsibility
To continue with the career you love, it’s a requirement to recertify Every Two Years.
- How much CEU points will I get?
A: NASM offers college course CEU credits on a per unit basis. For example, a semester long Anatomy course worth 3 units would provide 0.3 NASM CEUs (up to a maximum of 1.5 CEUs). Please provide a copy of an official transcript with your recertification application submission
- I failed my exam, can I purchase a retest? And when can I reschedule?
If you missed your deadline or failed your initial exam attempt, a retest for the exam can be purchased. Requirements and limitations for retesting are described in the Candidate Handbook. Please contact the Member Services team for additional details regarding pricing and limitations
- What happens if my CPT certification has expired?
NASM offers a 90-day grace period beyond your CPT Certificate expiration date to earn CEUs with a late fee payment. If CEUs have been completed within 90-days of expiration, you have one-year to submit your paperwork for recertification. Failure to complete the required CEUs within this 2 year +90 day grace period timeframe will require re-enrollment.
- Is there any fees to be paid for re-exam if so how much?
You will be charged 200$ to attempt the test again.
- Placement opportunities?
In alliance with Acme fitness, which has store 24 branches across India and more than 40 vendors, our job portal will commence soon.